Sunday, October 25, 2020

Bee Inspired Neck Piece

 



The beehive neck-piece


This is my Beehive neck piece made with sterling silver, Gilding and ceramic beads.

My inspiration is driven by how bees are an essential to everyday life, I make jewelry to answer that question in a form of a tangible object like jewelry.

I am fascinated on how bees grow up and manage to fly flower to flower collecting pollen grains that increase amount of plants like flowers that we seek for gaseous exchange as human beings. Bees are very small insects and yet they play a vital role in our lives it is amazing how we do not appreciate the difference they make on earth. I decided to look on growth stages of a bee from where they grow in a beehive to process of pollination where they take pollen from a stamen (anther and filament) of a flower for plant reproduction. My work play around shapes inspired by a beehive and headed sticks from a stamen, I use these two as elements to develop my designs in jewelry. Stamen is the part of a flower that evolved my designs from beehives inspiration, thus my designs may be mixture of both bees and flowers, I believe that my work is sweater than a beehive that is why I chose to follow my inspiration.





No comments:

Post a Comment